Reliable Bat Control Solutions In Des Moines, IA
Bats live throughout Des Moines, Idaho, and often find their way to our homes and businesses. Do you hear strange scratching sounds in your attic and are worried that a colony of bats has decided to call your attic home? You’re not alone; many families in Des Moines find out each year that they’ve been sharing a house with these ingenious flying mammals.
Keep reading to learn more about effective and humane bat removal in Des Moines with the help of the experts at CP Bat Mitigation.
Residential Bat Control In Des Moines
While bats do a fantastic job at controlling insect populations, they present potential health hazards to humans. Bats can contract rabies and spread it to humans through their saliva. A more significant risk is an infection called histoplasmosis that propagates through a fungus found in bat guano. People contract histoplasmosis by inhaling fungal spores.
If bats ever find their way into your Des Moines homes, removing them as quickly as possible is essential for the health and safety of your family.
Here at CP Bat Mitigation, our bat control services include:
- A thorough inspection of your home’s exterior, roof, and attic.
- Same-day quote and the creation of a plan of action.
- Services tailored to meet your property’s unique needs.
To get rid of bats from your home, we seal and shut off all entry points except one. In the remaining opening, our professionals will place an exclusion device so bats can leave your home but won’t be able to return!
We will return six to eight weeks later to ensure our service is successful. If any bats remain, we will continue our services until they are gone! Contact us today to learn more about our residential bat control in Des Moines!
Commercial Bat Control In Des Moines
It’s important to remember that bats are essential to a healthy environment, and without bats, Des Moines would be overwhelmed with pesky insects. However, that doesn’t mean we should allow bats to move to and from our commercial properties as they please. The trick is to get them to leave your commercial structure and find a more suitable place to roost.
Unfortunately, encouraging bats to leave their roost isn’t simple. Most likely, you’ll need a professional bat removal service. Once you contact us at CP Bat Mitigation for assistance, our commercial bat control specialists will visit your commercial property and develop a plan for removing the bats present. In general, a successful removal consists of the following steps:
- We confirm that bats are roosting in your buildings.
- We identify the type of bats (Iowa has nine species of bats).
- We locate bat access points.
- We erect a bat exclusion system to prevent bats from reentering your building.
- We seal all access points once all of the bats are gone.
- We remove the bat guano.
An interesting fact about our bat control service is that your bat control specialist will work during the night hours because that is when the bats leave their roost. For more information about commercial bat control in Des Moines, call now!
Bat Facts: What Des Moines Property Owners Need To Know About Bats
Bats are shy mammals who prefer not to interact with people. Yet, they regularly nest in our attics because they offer them a safe, warm spot to hibernate over the cold winter months.
Once the weather warms up, the bats leave their roost at dusk each night in search of insects. Did you know that one tiny bat can eat over 1000 insects in a single night? They feast on flying insects throughout the night and head back into their roost before dawn.
Some other interesting facts about these fascinating animals include the following:
- Most bats roosting in your house are female. Bat colonies consist of females and their babies.
- Though the phrase “blind as a bat” may make you think otherwise, bats are not blind. They possess excellent vision. However, to locate their prey at night, they use echolocation to “see” their prey through sound, not their eyes.
- Though we don’t want to live with bats, bats are extremely important. They feed on mosquitoes, helping to control their populations, and prevent our outdoor spaces from being overrun by mosquitoes and other insects.
- You can prevent problems with bats in your house by placing bat boxes in locations away from your home.
For humane bat control, reach out to our professionals at CP Bat Mitigation.
Brown Bat Removal In Des Moines
When brown bats decide to move into your Des Moines home, some signs will alert you to their presence.
What are the typical signs that a bat is living in your house? Other than spotting the bat entering and leaving your dwelling, here are some standard signals that bats have taken up residence:
- Scratching and fluttering sounds in attics or behind walls
- Evidence of bat droppings (guano) outside your home
- Squeaking and clicking sounds inside your home
If you are ever concerned that brown bats have found their way into your home, contact us at CP Bat Mitigation. We have the experience, education, and exclusion services necessary to humanely remove brown bats and stop them from entering your house in the future.
Look no further for bat control in my area! To learn more about brown bat control in Des Moines, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today!
What Our Customers Are Saying
"5 Stars!!!! John and his team made an unfortunate house-selling situation a great experience. John came and gave us an estimate within a day and was very friendly and knowledgeable. They fixed the bat issue and even took a look at our new place afterward. I definitely recommend contacting Central Plains if need help in this area. They provide a very professional service for a great value!"
"Made a phone call, he showed up the next day with simple, effective advice and didn't try to up-sell any additional services. I would highly recommend."
"John was over the morning after I made my initial call regarding bats. He was able to quickly identify the problem areas and built a fair quote to remove the bats. His knowledge is broad on his profession."