Bats can be a major hazard when they take up residence in your home, but that doesn’t mean you should use DIY pest control methods to get rid of them. Doing so can put your safety at risk and hurt the bats rather than simply relocating them to a safe place.
Instead, you’ll want to work with an expert Sioux Falls pest control team to safely get the bats out of your house. At CP Bat Mitigation, our team is here to help. This article delves into what you need to know about professional bat mitigation and why it’s necessary.
Why Active Bat Infestations Always Call For Professional Treatment
Bats are incredibly beneficial to the ecosystem. They pollinate plants and eat insects that can put your health and well-being at risk. But when they infest your home, they can pose a safety risk both to your house and your health.
Bat mitigation is great for keeping bats out, but getting them out after they invade requires professional help for the following reasons:
- Bats are sensitive animals and bite if threatened or handled incorrectly. Bat control specialists know how to handle these animals safely.
- Though it’s incredibly rare, some bats can carry rabies; if they bite you, they can transmit rabies to you. Professionals have the safety equipment needed to stay safe.
- Bat droppings can put your health at risk by causing histoplasmosis, a fungal infection that impacts your lungs.
Professionals have the training and tools to stay safe while getting bats away from your property.
Hiring a Professional Bat Mitigation Service: What to Look For
Not all bat mitigation services can deal with the problems on your property. Here are a few key things to look for when you start searching for a reliable team:
- Pay attention to the amount of experience the technicians have. More experienced individuals can safely handle and mitigate bats without damaging your home.
- Reputable companies will have a long list of satisfied customers. Read up on the reviews for each company you’re considering. If they’re positive, you’ll likely have a great experience.
- There are many different types of bats in the area, and knowing which type you have in your house will impact the remediation methods used. Your company should be local and familiar with area species.
At CP Bat Mitigation, we understand the unique challenges Sioux Falls homeowners face and will help you deal with your bat infestation quickly and safely.
What To Expect With Bat Mitigation And How To Prepare
When you schedule an appointment, your technician will inspect your property and identify the areas where bats are roosting. Often, this will be your attic, but it can also be your garage, outbuildings, basement, and any other dark and sheltered place where they can rest without disruption.
After identifying the areas, your technician will begin getting the bats out safely. The goal is to trap and relocate the bats without hurting them. Once all bats are out, they’ll be released far from your home.
The best way to prepare for your appointment is to make sure your attic, garage, and other areas are accessible. If you’re not sure where to start, your bat control team can give you advice.
Why Sioux Falls Residents Trust CP Bat Mitigation
Finding bats in the house can be alarming, but it doesn’t have to be. CP Bat Mitigation is here to help. Our residential bat control team has years of experience getting bats out of homes in the greater Sioux Falls area, and we’ll do it in a way that keeps the bats healthy and thriving.
If you think you have a bat problem, don’t ignore it. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.